Question: How much would you pay for this commission?
After spending most of a day churning out this [albeit rare] take-home commission, I’m considering raising my prices again. The fact of the matter is they just take too long, especially anything that comes home with me, because I don’t have the pressures of the con to keep me from spending a lot of time on it. With the new storyline about to start, I really can’t afford to spend time doing commissions if I want to get the comic updating regularly again. I like to think that my work with worth the money, so I should be pricing my time as such.
Traditionally my have prices have been:
- $5 Quick Pencil Sketch
- $20 Pencil
- $40 Inked
- $80 Colored
- Plus extra for more characters or backgrounds
- No take-home commissions (save for an occasional
I’m thinking of moving to something like this:
- No more pencil commissions.
- $10 On-the Spot Quick Ink Drawings
- $50 Inked (One character, simple BG)
- add $10 for each extra character
- add $30 for a detailed BG
- $100 Color (One character, simple BG)
- add $25 for each extra character
- add $50 for detailed BG
- Double the price for take-home commissions.
So, my real question to you all is, what do you think is a fair price?